Quick Dirt Cake Recipe
I served Dirt Cake to my grandpa and he almost wouldn't eat it! It is difficult to tell if it's something to eat or look at. That's not the case with my daughters—they always request it for their birthday cake.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 plastic flowerpot (8-inch diameter)
- 1 package (20 ounces) chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Artificial flowers, gummy worms and plastic shovel, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pudding, milk and whipped topping until smooth. Add creamed mixture. Line inside of flowerpot with plastic wrap, making sure hole in bottom of pot is covered. Place one-third of crushed cookies in pot and top with half of cream cheese/pudding mixture. Repeat layers, ending with cookies. Refrigerate overnight. If desired, decorate cake with flowers, gummy worms and a plastic shovel. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1/2 cup: 314 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Quick Dirt Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC