Quick Dirt Cake Recipe
I served Dirt Cake to my grandpa and he almost wouldn't eat it! It is difficult to tell if it's something to eat or look at. That's not the case with my daughtersthey always request it for their birthday cake.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 plastic flowerpot (8-inch diameter)
- 1 package (20 ounces) chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Artificial flowers, gummy worms and plastic shovel, optional
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pudding, milk and whipped topping until smooth. Add creamed mixture. Line inside of flowerpot with plastic wrap, making sure hole in bottom of pot is covered. Place one-third of crushed cookies in pot and top with half of cream cheese/pudding mixture. Repeat layers, ending with cookies. Refrigerate overnight. If desired, decorate cake with flowers, gummy worms and a plastic shovel. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Dirt Cake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p14
Reviews for Quick Dirt Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review