Quick Dijon Chicken
Tender chicken breasts are browned to a golden color, then served over a rice blend. A tangy sauce complements this main dish perfectly. Add spinach salad with bacon dressing and cookies, and you have a meal.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice or pasta
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard; set aside. In a
- large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and
- keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in mustard mixture; cook and
- stir until blended and heated through. Serve with chicken and rice.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 385 calories, 35 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.