Tender chicken breasts are browned to a golden color, then served over a rice blend. A tangy sauce complements this main dish perfectly. Add spinach salad with bacon dressing and cookies, and you have a meal.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice or pasta
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in mustard mixture; cook and stir until blended and heated through. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken in Quick Cooking December 2000, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Dijon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review