Quick Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
This soup is wonderfully warming on an autumn day. The subtle curry flavor enhances the pumpkin.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, pumpkin, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in milk; heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 98 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 vegetable.
Reviews for Quick Curried Pumpkin Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC