Quick Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
This soup is wonderfully warming on an autumn day. The subtle curry flavor enhances the pumpkin.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, pumpkin, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in milk; heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 98 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC