Quick Crunchy Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and seasoned salt if desired; mix well. Add to pea mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and sour cream and without seasoned salt) equals 60 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.