Quick Crunchy Apple Salad
This salad pairs crunchy toppings with smooth vanilla yogurt, creating a combination you'll love!Kathy Armstrong, Post Falls, Idaho
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon
- cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Refrigerate
- until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon before
- serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 116 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.