Quick Crisp Snack Bars
My daughters have loved these nutritious snacks since they were in grade school. Now, both are adults and still make these bars when they want a quick treat. Ursula Maurer of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large saucepan, combine the honey, peanut butter and milk
- powder. Cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Press into an 8-in. square dish
- coated with cooking spray. Let stand until set. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.