Quick Crescent Taco Pie
My husband and two teenage sons put on long hours on our farm and are big eaters. But this taco pie, along with a salad, makes a quick, easy meal that satisfies everyone! It's become a family favorite.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 slices American cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced ripe olives
- Diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add seasoning mix, water and salsa; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Spread the crescent roll dough in 10-in. pie plate to form crust;
- press seams to seal. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips over bottom of crust.
- Add meat mixture; spread with sour cream. Arrange cheese slices over
- top; sprinkle on remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve
- with lettuce, olives and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.