My husband and two teenage sons put on long hours on our farm and are big eaters. But this taco pie, along with a salad, makes a quick, easy meal that satisfies everyone! It's become a family favorite.
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 slices American cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced ripe olives
- Diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add seasoning mix, water and salsa; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spread the crescent roll dough in 10-in. pie plate to form crust; press seams to seal. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips over bottom of crust. Add meat mixture; spread with sour cream. Arrange cheese slices over top; sprinkle on remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve with lettuce, olives and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Crescent Taco Pie in Country Woman January/February 1988, p29
Reviews for Quick Crescent Taco Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2010
"This is so easy and so versatile. My husband really loves it and it really takes no time to make!"