- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 slices American cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced ripe olives
- Diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add seasoning mix, water and salsa; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spread the crescent roll dough in 10-in. pie plate to form crust; press seams to seal. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips over bottom of crust. Add meat mixture; spread with sour cream. Arrange cheese slices over top; sprinkle on remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve with lettuce, olives and tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Crescent Taco Pie in Country Woman January/February 1988, p29
Reviews for Quick Crescent Taco Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2010
"This is so easy and so versatile. My husband really loves it and it really takes no time to make!"
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2008