Quick Creamy Spinach Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Prepare spinach according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in reserved spinach. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.