For a family-pleasing side dish, I rely on comforting recipe. My children started eating vegetables at an early age. This spinach recipe is one of their all-time favorites.—Rachel Greenawalt Keller, Roanoke, Virginia
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare spinach according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in reserved spinach. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p15
Reviews for Quick Creamy Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review