Quick Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute leeks and onions in oil and butter until tender. Add the asparagus and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup of asparagus pieces.
- 2. In a blender, process the remaining asparagus mixture in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Garnish with reserved asparagus pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Creamy Asparagus Soup
"Have not actually made yet, but I did a recipe similar to this and it is so delicious and healthy too!!!!!"