Quick Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in half-and-half until blended. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the cream cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper, stirring until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Quick Creamed Spinach(3)
Sort By :
Excellent! I made it with low-fat milk instead of half and half and it thickened up nicely. No one noticed the difference. I bet this would be good over noodles to make a nice vegetarian meal, too.
This was really good and easy to make, my kids would like me to make this as part of our Christmas Dinner - Wonderful!
This was delicious. I even got my 2 year old to take a few bites. I'll be making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >