This side dish are always popular at my table. The rich sauce coats the carrots nicely and really perks up their flavor.—Eva Bailey, Olive Hill, Kentucky
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, onion, basil, seasoned salt and pepper until blended; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots and transfer to a serving bowl. Add sauce and stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Carrots in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p13
Reviews for Quick Creamed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review