Quick Cream of Zucchini Soup Recipe
Because this soup is very easy to prepare, I reach for it often in the summer when I'm busy playing volleyball and baseball. It's also a great way to use up excess zucchini.
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and additional zucchini, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add the broth, tarragon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until pureed; return to pan. Add milk; heat through. Garnish with paprika and zucchini if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 132 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Zucchini Soup
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC