- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and additional zucchini, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute zucchini, onion and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add the broth, tarragon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until pureed; return to pan. Add milk; heat through. Garnish with paprika and zucchini if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Zucchini Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p31
Reviews for Quick Cream of Zucchini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2010