Quick Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, celery and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. Cool for 10 minutes; pour into a blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat oil; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in tomato mixture. Add salt if desired and pepper; heat through. Top individual servings with sour cream and parsley. Yield: 3 servings. (3-1/2 cups).
1 cup: 164 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Tomato Soup
"When I first looked at the photograph, I thought the color was off. But after making this soup I found it really is rather pink! If I make this again, I would need to cook it longer because even after processing, the celery remains a little crunchy at the end of each bite. I'm heading back to the kitchen now to add some spices to the soup."