This recipe proves you don't have to make a big batch in order to enjoy home-style soup. It's the perfect way to warm up on chilly nights...just add your favorite fresh-baked biscuits or rolls.—Nancy Mosher, Sun City, California
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the potato and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Stir in the milk, parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Potato Soup in Reminisce Extra October 2005, p52
Reviews for Quick Cream of Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review