Quick Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the potato and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Stir in the milk, parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 290 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Potato Soup
"This recipe was quick and easy. Also had a great flavor with very little needed ingredients."
"Good, has a good flavor and is just thick enough...will make again."
"this is my favorite soup sometimes i like to add bacon it gives it an extra kick"
"I use a similar recipe but use 2% milk and half and half in it. It thickens up quite nicely and has a wonderfully smooth texture. But in my household I havee to make enough for 8 folks."
"My husband loved this soup but we used whole milk (or sometimes 2%) and then added some mashed potato flakes to thicken. Of course we made more than 2 servings to have some the next day."
"This is one of my favourite soups. Mom use to make it all the time. Try adding a little bit of cream of leek soup to it, just the powder stuff that you can buy at a bulk food store, its good to adds a little bit different flavour to it. But tastse good too."