Quick Cream of Potato Soup
This recipe proves you don't have to make a big batch in order to enjoy home-style soup. It's the perfect way to warm up on chilly nights...just add your favorite fresh-baked biscuits or rolls.—Nancy Mosher, Sun City, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the potato and water to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add to potato mixture. Stir in the milk, parsley, salt and pepper;
- heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.