Quick Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
This recipe proves you don't have to make a big batch in order to enjoy home-style soup. It's the perfect way to warm up on chilly nights...just add your favorite fresh-baked biscuits or rolls.—Nancy Mosher, Sun City, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the potato and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Stir in the milk, parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC