- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the potato and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Stir in the milk, parsley, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Potato Soup
"This recipe was quick and easy. Also had a great flavor with very little needed ingredients."
"Good, has a good flavor and is just thick enough...will make again."
"this is my favorite soup sometimes i like to add bacon it gives it an extra kick"
"I use a similar recipe but use 2% milk and half and half in it. It thickens up quite nicely and has a wonderfully smooth texture. But in my household I havee to make enough for 8 folks."
"My husband loved this soup but we used whole milk (or sometimes 2%) and then added some mashed potato flakes to thicken. Of course we made more than 2 servings to have some the next day."
"This is one of my favourite soups. Mom use to make it all the time. Try adding a little bit of cream of leek soup to it, just the powder stuff that you can buy at a bulk food store, its good to adds a little bit different flavour to it. But tastse good too."