- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sort By :
"Great recipe. I Almost ate the whole thing myself."
"I'm sorry, the one star is all about the flour. I am actually mad at myself as I should have known better making this recipe. The flour should have been added with the onions and mushrooms and COOKED. All I could taste in the final product was 6 T of raw flour. It ruined the soup for me and I had to dump it as did one of the other reviewers. I am surprised that your daughter in law who is a gourmet cook didn't know this but maybe something got lost in translation. I am posting this, not to be mean but to suggest that this will be a good soup if you cook that flour.Jane"
"Delicious I make and let is sit in refrigerator over night. Husband brought home mushrooms and asked for this soup"
"Amazingly fast, and amazingly delicious! Loved-loved this soup!"
"This soup is so easy to make, but the taste seems like you have spent hours on it!! My husband and children love this soup."