MY daughter-in-law, a gourmet cook, served this soup as the first course for Thanksgiving dinner. She'd gotten the recipe from her mom and graciously shared it with me. Now I'm happy to pass it along to Reminisce readers. -Anne Kulick, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Mushroom Soup in Reminisce March/April 2000, p45
Reviews for Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review