Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sort By :
"Loved the receipe. I used plain mushrooms and yellow onion and it was great."
"Loved this recipe."
"This was very good and easy. I did add a bit of Sherry, thyme and a bit of tarragon - just because I love tarragon. I had some heavy cream I needed to use so did substitute that for the half and half. Hubby loved the soup and I will definitely make it again. I'm sure the soup will be excellent without the heavy cream and following the recipe as submitted. Thanks for an easy, quick recipe."
"Excellent soup. I prepare very low sodium soup, omitting the salt and using very low sodium chicken broth. To make condensed soup add half the liquid (411 g chicken broth and 118 g half-and-half). I've prepared a scaled up condensed version, freezing the left overs in 10-3/4 oz (305 g) servings. I use in any recipe calling for condensed soup."
"I added 4 strips of chopped bacon to the onions and used heavy whipping cream since I like my soup real thick. I also use 3 different types of Thai mushrooms that I don't even know the names of due to their wonderful flavor. Because I used the bacon I didn't add any salt. Came out great and will use this recipe for the rest of my life."