- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and one can broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Cream of Mushroom Soup
"Normally I make a new recipe as written, but I had sooooo many mushrooms and onions!!! Doubled the butter, mushrooms and onion and left the remaining ingredients as is. OMStars, I love this so very much<3 ...I thought I'd have to get my immersion blender going, but nope! Perfect."
"Excellent. How would you double this soup?"
"I loved this recipe, it was perfect, although, I did add a little minced garlic. This is a keeper!"
"Definitely add some thyme to the onion./ mushroom while sauteing, stir in a bit of sherry, and then the flour before the broth.. (no flour needed if blending all in a food processor), ...no salt if using salted butter and salted chicken broth"
"Great recipe. I Almost ate the whole thing myself."
"I'm sorry, the one star is all about the flour. I am actually mad at myself as I should have known better making this recipe. The flour should have been added with the onions and mushrooms and COOKED. All I could taste in the final product was 6 T of raw flour. It ruined the soup for me and I had to dump it as did one of the other reviewers. I am surprised that your daughter in law who is a gourmet cook didn't know this but maybe something got lost in translation. I am posting this, not to be mean but to suggest that this will be a good soup if you cook that flour.Jane"
"Delicious I make and let is sit in refrigerator over night. Husband brought home mushrooms and asked for this soup"
"Amazingly fast, and amazingly delicious! Loved-loved this soup!"