Quick Cream of Broccoli Soup
WHEN OUR two sons left home (in the same year) to build their own "nests", we had lots of adjustments to make, especially in our menus.
This recipe works well for us. It's easy, healthy and tasty. My husband's favorite vegetable is broccoli, so this soup makes his day!
-Elsie Quance, Newark, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add the
- broccoli, onion, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7
- minutes or until broccoli is tender. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan;
- add milk and heat through. Top each serving with a teaspoon of
- butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 1,499 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.