Quick Cranberry Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and cream ; stir into crumb mixture just until blended. Stir in cranberries. Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently four times.
- 2. Shape dough into a ball; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Pat until an 8-in. circle. With a sharp knife, score the dough into eight wedges (do not separate).
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Break into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 329 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Scones
"The best cranberry scones! A local coffee shop used to have scones that were good, but these are far superior. Thank you for sharing recipe. I,too, am an Angophile, and these are great with a cup of tea."