Quick Cranberry Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in butter for 3 minutes on each side. Add 1/2 cup broth and rosemary. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Remove chops to a serving dish and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the onions, cranberries and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.