Quick Cranberry Pork Chops
Dried cranberries add a touch of sweetness-and autumn appeal-to this skillet supper. Don't have pork chops on hand? Use four boneless skinless chicken bread halves instead.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in butter for 3 minutes on
- each side. Add 1/2 cup broth and rosemary. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Remove chops to a serving dish and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the onions, cranberries and pepper. In a
- small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth;
- gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium,