“One of my favorite recipes to make with my granddaugther, Sarah, is Cranberry Nut Muffins. Sarah pours in the ingredients and helps stir. Her eyes light up when I tell her she can take some of these lovely sweet-tart muffins home to share with her family,” says Claire Olson of Saginaw, Minnesota. Their baking sessions and muffins are always a hit—since both are seasoned with love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries, pecans and orange peel. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p14
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Nut Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"My family loves these muffins! The flavor is wonderful the next day."