Quick Cranberry Ice Recipe
Informs field editor Eleanor Dunbar of Peoria, Illinois. "I've enjoyed this with turkey at Christmas since I was a child. But it also makes a delicious dessert."
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a saucepan, bring cranberries and 2 cups cold water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Press through a strainer to remove skins; set juice aside and discard skins.
- 2. In a bowl, stir the gelatin, boiling water and sugar until dissolved. Add cranberry juice, lemon and orange juices and remaining cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze until ice begins to form around the edges of the pan, about 1-1/2 hours; stir. Freeze until mushy, about 30 minutes. Spoon into a freezer container; cover and freeze. Yield: 20 servings.
1/2 cup: 145 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Ice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC