Quick Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pineapple and cranberry sauce. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir in grapes and pecans. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened pineapple) equals 146 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.