Quick Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Since this tangy salad keeps well, I make it a day ahead for my Christmas menu. It's also a great choice to take to a holiday potluck - even people who aren't fond of cranberries think it's yummy. I got the recipe from a friend at church who likes to cook and bake as much as I do.
-Betty Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pineapple and
- cranberry sauce. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir in grapes and
- pecans. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened pineapple) equals 146 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.