- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cooked pork chops or roast turkey or chicken
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the onion, apple and pear; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, lemon juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir in the walnuts. Serve with meat. Yield: about 7 cups.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Chutney
Sort By :
Never made chutney before. Served with turkey , Broccoli artichoke casserole and Sweet Potato Apple Salad w Poppy seed dressing (all TOH recipes) got excellent reviews. Took also to a potluck and again great reviews. Thought it would also be good over pound cake or warmed over ice cream. Love the flavors. Will definitely make again.
I have made this for the last few years. I omit the onions and walnut to accomadate my family's taste. My dad actually ate is as jam on his biscuits.