Quick Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread butter over bun bottoms. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese on bun tops.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, onions and lemon juice. Spread over bun bottoms. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 520 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.