Quick Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread butter over bun bottoms. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese on bun tops.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, onions and lemon juice. Spread over bun bottoms. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
Great way to use turkey leftovers! I changed it up a bit, used red onion, added chopped grapes, and use homemade cranberry sauce. Allowed to sit in the fridge for a few hours and WOW the taste is sectacular1 Served on dry toasted rye with romaine lettuce!
This is a great sandwich that could me made even better without the onions!
Great taste. I twicked it however, I added walnuts and dried cranberries and did not put the cream cheese on the bun. Saved some calories Excellent will make again.
Calories on the nutritional list seem very high, especially considering all the low fat items that were used.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >