Quick Cranberry Bread Pudding
Extra French bread and dried cranberries find a new use in this moist and comforting medley from Irene Erickson. “I love to cook, and I really enjoy this quick-to-make dish,” she writes from Lacona, New York.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cubed day-old French bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Divide bread cubes and cranberries between two 10-oz. ramekins or
- custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over bread
- mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 168 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.