Quick Cranberry Bread Pudding Recipe
Extra French bread and dried cranberries find a new use in this moist and comforting medley from Irene Erickson. “I love to cook, and I really enjoy this quick-to-make dish,” she writes from Lacona, New York.
- 1 cup cubed day-old French bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Divide bread cubes and cranberries between two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over bread mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 168 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Quick Cranberry Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC