Quick Cran-Apple Relish
This is a nice dish to serve with poultry, since it adds a little zing. Also, I often put it in the microwave for 15 minutes for a zesty sauce.
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7 oranges
- 10 unpeeled sweet apples
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- Pinch salt
- Peel six of the oranges; remove seeds and quarter. Quarter unpeeled
- orange and remove seeds. Place all orange sections in a blender or
- food processor and process until smooth. Remove to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, chop apples and cranberries; add to oranges. Stir in
- honey and salt. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.