Quick Cran-Apple Cobbler
"I developed this when I wanted a quick but special dessert for my hungry husband," recalls Joan Gocking of Moundsville, West Virginia. The yummy results are sweetly priced at 52¢ a helping.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) cinnamon swirl biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup water
- In an ungreased 9-in. pie plate, combine the pie filling and
- cranberries. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water; drop by
- tablespoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover
- and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and a
- toothpick inserted in a biscuit comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: You may substitute a package of Bisquick Complete Buttermilk Mix. Just before baking, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 291 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.