"I developed this when I wanted a quick but special dessert for my hungry husband," recalls Joan Gocking of Moundsville, West Virginia. The yummy results are sweetly priced at 52¢ a helping.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package (7-3/4 ounces) cinnamon swirl biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup water
- In an ungreased 9-in. pie plate, combine the pie filling and cranberries. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water; drop by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a biscuit comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Cobbler in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p49
Reviews forQuick Cran-Apple Cobbler
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2015
"Very Very Good! I didn't put in the cranberries, but added more apples and more sugar & cinnamon. Hubby loved it!"