Quick Crab Mornay
In Canandaigua, New York, Geneva Schmidtka blends together a rich, cheesy sauce that showcases canned crab meat. The creamy mixture can be served with toast points for a special lunch or over chicken, rice or potatoes for a distinctive dinner.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine soup and wine or broth. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until blended and heated through. Stir 1/2 cupful
- into the egg; return all to the pan.
- Place the crab in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; top with soup
- mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20
- minutes or until the top is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.