Quick Crab Mornay Recipe
In Canandaigua, New York, Geneva Schmidtka blends together a rich, cheesy sauce that showcases canned crab meat. The creamy mixture can be served with toast points for a special lunch or over chicken, rice or potatoes for a distinctive dinner.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine soup and wine or broth. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended and heated through. Stir 1/2 cupful into the egg; return all to the pan.
- Place the crab in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; top with soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Crab Mornay in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Mornay(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review