Two types of cheese on top of a savory crab mixture make these open-faced sandwiches ooey-gooey good! I usually serve them for dinner, but they also make a great app when cut in half. —Donna Bennett, Bramalea, Ontario
Featured In: 32 Must-Try Summer Dinners for Two
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise, celery and green onion until blended. Place muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until toasted. Spread with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab Melts in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p81
Reviews for Quick Crab Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review