- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise, celery and green onion until blended. Place muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until toasted. Spread with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quick Crab Melts
"made this for dinner tonite. made it on rye bread we bought at the grocers because we didn't have the muffins.. I added penzeys minced onion, penzeys chesapeake seasoning. salt & pepper, and a pinch of penzeys red pepper flakes. it was wonderful! Can't wait to make it again!"