Quick Crab Fondue Recipe
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without bread) equals 178 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Crab Fondue
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.