Quick Crab Fondue
This recipe was given to me over 30 years ago from a man who used to make it at hunting camp. It's very fast to make, and hard to stop eating. Enjoy!—Kathy Brown of Lake Havasu City, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth
- and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes
- longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without bread) equals 178 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.