This recipe was given to me over 30 years ago from a man who used to make it at hunting camp. It's very fast to make, and hard to stop eating. Enjoy!—Kathy Brown of Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Crab Cheese Fondue in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p50
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review