- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Fondue
Sort By :
This is great. Also, I put this on Cheese Steak Sub - totally awesome. I call it my crabby cheese steak.
Excellent! We used meatballs,cocktail hot dogs,Garlic bread toasted.Very simple and quick.Will definitely make again!
I made this last night for our family movie night snack Everyone loved it. We ran out of bread so we used Ritz crackers and it was fantastic. I think tomorrow I might spread some on toast and see how that tastes. I am marking this down as something to take to our New Year's Eve party. I think it will be a huge hit.
This sounds so good!