- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheese sauce, butter, wine or broth and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Fondue
Sort By :
"This is great. Also, I put this on Cheese Steak Sub - totally awesome. I call it my crabby cheese steak."
"Excellent! We used meatballs,cocktail hot dogs,Garlic bread toasted.Very simple and quick.Will definitely make again!"
"I made this last night for our family movie night snack Everyone loved it. We ran out of bread so we used Ritz crackers and it was fantastic. I think tomorrow I might spread some on toast and see how that tastes. I am marking this down as something to take to our New Year's Eve party. I think it will be a huge hit."
"This sounds so good!"