I use canned soup and sour cream to hurry along a rich sauce that coats imitation crab. When spooned over penne pasta and garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, it's an easy entree that looks and tastes elegant.—Susan Anstine, York, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the sour cream, soup, milk, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper until blended. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Stir in crab; heat through.
- Drain pasta; top with crab sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crab Alfredo in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p24
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review