Quick Crab Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the sour cream, soup, milk, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper until blended. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Stir in crab; heat through.
- Drain pasta; top with crab sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Crab Alfredo
Sort By :
Quick, delicious and filling.
I loved this recipe. I make it all the time, especially if we're having company. Its filling and goes great with steamed brocolli and garlic bread. I usually use fat free sour cream and 1 package of crab and substitute shrimp for the other packet. Delicious!
I made this as written and it was pretty good. I would make it again but tweak it to my families preference. It was super easy to make
I have made this dish handful of times! But tonight I tried something different: instead of sour cream, try french onion dip! It eliminates having to chop the onions, and still provides that onion flavor. However, I did increase the milk to 1 cup, and left all other measurements the same. Excellant!
I loved it! The only changes I made were to use fat free sour cream and low fat milk and I cut it down for 2 people.