Quick Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup each diced onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous and salt. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, salad dressing, mushrooms, olives, cucumber, onion and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 147 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Quick Couscous Salad
"Excellent combination of ingredients! I purchased whole wheat couscous to further increase the fiber content."