Quick Country Corn Bread
A few cups of Alice's mix streamlines preparation of this corn bread that bakes up nice and high. The squares have a lovely golden color and light texture.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the mix, cornmeal, sugar and salt. Whisk egg
- and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into
- a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean (corn bread will not brown). Cool for 10
- minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.