Quick Cottage Cheese Salad
I found this recipe years ago. It makes a nice side dish with dinner, but I often serve it as lunch for my husband and me. It is both tasty and nutritious and fits well into our diet.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, carrot, apple, raisins, nuts
- and pepper if desired. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.