Quick Corn Salsa
“A friend gave us this recipe, and everyone just raves about it.” Canned ingredients make this flavorful salsa a breeze to whip up. Dave Kepler - Metamora, IL
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Chill until
- serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.